Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Moving on...

The end of the summer is drawing near-er. Meaning, in 3 days I will be moving into my dorm at IUP. As happy as I am I cannot help to think of how bittersweet this experience is. I'm leaving some of the best friends I've ever had behind to meet new people who may or may not make an impact as those I've met before have.
I'm scared to think about how life will be like in college. Parties will always be a constant no matter what school you go to, it's just if you decide to get caught up in that lifestyle or not. The way I see it, I have too much hanging on my education to worry about getting caught at a party. I want to work with kids one day, and one thing on a record could ruin that entirely for me.
I'm excited though, my roommate is amazing! We haven't known each other long and we didn't go to school together previously either. But, she and I talk everyday, whether it be via skype, a phone call, a text message, or a comment on facebook. She's going to school for Interior Design, a completely different path then I'm taking, but I have a feeling that we'll both open each others eyes to new things.

A few days ago, my best friends mom threw me a going away get together is a good way to put it. Just a select few friends, hanging out, eating pizza, shooting off some of those little fireworks, that aren't illegal, and just sitting around all night talking. My bestfriend and I have been close for 3 years, with a few minor or sometimes slightly major bumps along the way. But, I've told him before, each time we always come out stronger than ever. He has the greatest family, and I'm so thankful for knowing them. Around them I can be myself with no judgement and they can easily do the same around me. I love knowing I can be open with people. Seeing as how I'm a very loud and outgoing person. Just ask his mom, I was once known as the "Loud Girl."

Tomorrow is going to be somewhat eventful, I have to go to PNC for a new checking account so I can be ready for college since that's the only bank close to campus, I need to order my books for school finally (yes I know what you're thinking "How could she wait until THREE days before she's leaving to get her books together." As you should all know, I'm a huge procrastinator, and although I've tried working on that it doesn't seem to be getting any better.), I have to finish writing thank you cards from my graduation party (yet again another thing i left to the last minute.), and I have to get my shot records for college. Then, my mother wants to have a movie date together, we're going to see Eat, Pray, Love. I'm not exactly sure my feelings about this movie yet, but I'll be sure to review it when I get the chance. (:

First blog, and I think a successful one at that.

--- Mary Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment